Make Up Monday: July Birchbox Review July 23, 2012
I’m not going to lie. I typically have Birchbox envy when I look at my friends’ boxes each month. And it’s not that I want to trade one of my items for one of their items. I want my box PLUS their box. I’m starting to think I should get two subscriptions and fill out different profiles for each.
Half of you read that lede paragraph and totally feel me. The other half are scratching your head and asking the infamous question, “What the heck IS THIS Birchbox about which I keep hearing?” (And yes, in my mind you all use proper grammar.)
From the Website: Birchbox is the best way to discover new grooming, beauty and lifestyle products. Sample top products from high-end brands, get expert advice, buy new favorites and earn points with every purchase. You can order full size products, get make-up tips via blogs and video, and most important, sign up for your monthly Birchbox subscription.
From this gal: I’m not a magazine subscription kinda gal. I don’t really get into Us Weekly or People. I surely avoid anything Cosmo/Glamour/Elle/ect related because honestly I don’t need to know the next 37 sex tricks and how to lose 10 more pounds.
But, I also looooooooooove regular ol’ mail. I love to get a fun package in the mail. I also love product samples; real, usable, product samples. For $10 a month Birchbox gives me both!
I’ve decided I talk about Birchbox so much and it’s about time I showed y’all mine each month. I won’t give you the Birchbox details each time but I’ve got lots of newbies reading me these days (PTL!) so I wanted to do a quick recap.
So, with a lot of adieu, check out my July Birchbox goodies and a quick review of each.
1. Blinc mascara – Blinc’s high-tech tubing formula means we never end up with a smudgy mess halfway through the day or when we wash it off at night. It’s waterproof, sweatproof, and won’t irritate even the most sensitive of eyes so you can wear it all day without worrying about touchups.
From me: So far, I’m into it. It’s not my favorite. They’re real by Benefit still takes the cake. But receiving a whole mascara plus additional products in one box rocks!
2. Klorane Shampoo with Chamomile - Whether you’re a natural-born blonde or you get your color from your whiz of a stylist, this French brand’s targeted shampoo is the answer to your prayers. Designed to bring out blonde highlights and prevent your color from turning brassy, it gets rid of product residue and oily debris without stripping your locks (dyed or otherwise). The secret to the formula is a hefty dose of brightening chamomile extracts.
From me: I haven’t tried it yet. I’ll let you know when I know…
3. Ada Cosmetics Bronzer - In our efforts to get a beachy glow, we’ve tried various head-to-toe methods: from wearing too-dark foundation to baking under the sun. Now we rely on this natural mineral bronzing powder. Free of skin-irritating ingredients like talc, it adds streak-free warmth to our complexions year-round. It can be applied all over or used to define cheekbones and brow bones. Dust a bit on your décolleté and shoulders to offset strappy sundresses.
From me: I love a bronzer and I use it all year long. I really like the Ada Cosmetics bronzer. It’s a loose powder and goes on really nicely. It comes in two colors and I got the lighter of the two as my sample. It doesn’t feel heavy and doesn’t look caked onto my face.
4. Harvey Price Hello - Allow us to introduce you to your new warm weather scent. For their latest fragrance, the brother duo behind Harvey Prince decided to mimic the joy of waking up to a warm day with the sun shining and the flowers blooming. The resulting blend is an energizing mix of citrus and floral notes that will keep you optimistic even when you get up on the wrong side of the bed.
From me: I don’t wear perfume. I’m super allergic to it. I hear good things about this one though.
5. LÄRABAR® über - Mid-day snacking just got a lot less guilt-ridden thanks to LÄRABAR®’s addictive treats. These healthy bars fulfill sweet and salty cravings while keeping our tummies full (and extremely happy) until our next meal. Each soft, gooey bar packs plenty of texture and flavor, thanks to nuts, dried fruit, and other natural ingredients. Roasted Nut Roll is a decadent blend of crunchy nuts, while the dessert-inspired Apple Turnover, Bananas Foster, and Cherry Cobbler flavors evoke Grandma’s recipes.
From me: It’s soooooooooooooooooooooo good! So very very good.
I also got some cute earbuds but they aren’t for sale so why make you totally jealous? That’s the cool thing about my Birchbox subscription… every few months there’s an exclusive of some sort or another.
Now, for what are you waiting? Go sign up now! You can cancel at any time, but why would you? It’s a joyful box awaiting you each month!